PLEASE NOTE: Specific requirements may vary for each Master Class.
Interested students are encouraged to discuss their application with their teachers prior to submitting an application, and to check this page for specifics as the date of the Master Class they are applying for approaches.
In general, no more than eight intermediate and advanced players — Level 4 and above, please — will be selected in order to allow longer blocks of time to be spent with each student. While certain Master Class requirements will vary, in most cases, applicants will need to meet the following criteria and complete the following process in order to be considered:
- Only students studying private lessons at Omaha Conservatory of Music are eligible.
- Student must be available on the scheduled day of the Master Class and be able to attend the entire event.
- In order to be considered for an audition, applicants must register online via the Conservatory website’s ActiveNet button. Under Current Offerings, select the specific Master Class you are applying for, then follow the instructions.
- Applicants must pay a non-refundable $10 application fee.
- Repertoire must be memorized for the audition; if accepted to the Master Class, the selection cannot be changed.
- In addition to providing information about their piece (including the name, movement, and composer), they will also need to submit the name of teacher, and indicate whether they will perform with an accompanist at the Master Class
- Applicants will be asked to provide a link to their audition video recording at the time of registration. (Instructions provided in the tab below.)
*Note: If applicants do not want to upload recording, they may deliver a DVD to the Conservatory prior to the application deadline.
Directions for submitting recordings** for Master Class auditions:
- Upload your video or sound clip to YouTube.
- Mark the video as “Unlisted.”
- Provide the direct link to the video when registering for the Master Class online.
**Note: Recitals are an ideal opportunity to make video recordings for this application.